The Devil's Playground

Calling all those borne of insanity, prance and loot as all creatures should. Discuss your maddness, books, your own writing- or anything else you should choose. Let the fire consume us all.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Middle Ages RP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
QQQ0104 (admin)
Admin

Female Posts : 866
Humor : GrimReaper- Where is my teddy bear? Me- Where did you last have it? GrimReaper- *Raises scithe* Me- Fin, fine. It's here!

PostSubject: Middle Ages RP   Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:21 pm

((Okay, set in the middle ages -did you guess?- England.
This is the time of the pavane, Wytches and goats wandering in the streets- don't get ideas, Bug. I'm going to start off and I'd love someone to join my scene, but really I only have a basic storyline in mind for my own character. You guys pretty much have a free reign, as long as you're respectful of other storylines going on. There probably won't be more than 1/2 scenes anyway, owing to the lack of RPers, but it's still fine. We can have our fun. -Also, I forgive historical innaccuracy or manipulation. This is RP, not a History exam. *beams*))
((Morrian))

I tripped on the hem of my skirt as I ran through the streets, you could not run from magic, but you could certainly try. His binding spells nipped at my heels as I ran, I'd undone them as much as I could, but I needed more time if I was going to break them fully.
If only I could get inside, the threads would find it harder to reach me there, to pull me back to him, but I had nowhere. Only dimly lit streets and the waste beneath my feet. Soon, I would have to rest, my masters spells would wear off shortyly and I'd have only disease and famine to worry me.
I slumped inside a doorway, pulling my robe about myself, feeling the cold brick biting into my skin. I wondered if I could ever survive without my master.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://we-are-so-weird.darkbb.com
CaitieBug
Cat

Humor : I have a horde of Tickling Ninja Goat Assassins. Uh-huh. Watch out.

PostSubject: Re: Middle Ages RP   Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:13 pm

(( Lyra ))

"Lyra, where are those leather strips I set out a week ago? They were right over..."

"They're here, father," I sighed. Being the daughter of a cobbler was really not the most fun. All my life I'd dreamed of adventure, but nothing ever happened in this bloody town. Any young man that came to call may as well have been just another goat wandering the street. Speaking of which, I needed to feed them.

"What? Oh, yes... Thank you," my father grumbled, coming down the wooden stairs that creaked under his weight. He was a portly man, probably good looking when he was younger, but he'd told me my beauty came from my mother.

As I poked holes through the side of a shoe we were experimenting with for the ribbons, I wondered briefly what it would like to be a princess, or a magic-user for the king, perhaps. Or an apprentice of a sorcerer! Or the wife of a wealthy nobleman...

"Lyra, there's a strange girl in the shop. Tell her to shoo if she has no money, will you? She looks to me like no good."

"Hmm?" I asked, Father's voice chasing away my daydreams. "Oh Father, you think everyone looks to be no good." I wiped my hand on a towel and went to the door to find a girl about my age trying to catch her breath. "Are you...alright?" I asked her. What had at first been on my tongue was, "Are you running away?", but that was a terribly rude thing to ask. Besides, it wasn't any of my business, and Father told me I had a knack for meddling with things that weren't my business. He told me that one day I would find myself in a very troubling situation if I didn't learn to mind my tongue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QQQ0104 (admin)
Admin

Humor : GrimReaper- Where is my teddy bear? Me- Where did you last have it? GrimReaper- *Raises scithe* Me- Fin, fine. It's here!

PostSubject: Re: Middle Ages RP   Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:38 pm

((Morrigan))

I stared at this girl for a few second, panting. Of course I'd spent a lot of my time speaking with spellcasters, white witches, warlocks... but when it came to someone normal... a cobbler's daughter of all people... My head took a few seconds to form words.
"I'm just tired, I suppose, miss. I don't mean to be trouble."
"It-"
"/Shoo/!" A man's voice came from further inside. I almost bolted right then.
"Father, she's buying shoes!" The girl shouted back. I cocked my head to one side.
"I'm not..." I spoke.
"I know." The girl laughed.
"...Why would you lie for me?" I asked.
"Because you look like you're in trouble."
Was this a psychic I saw before me? She could be a friend of my master's...
"O-oh, well I'm not, I should leave..." I stammered, wondering how to leave safely... If this girl /was/ a friend of my master's...
Back to top Go down
CaitieBug
Cat

PostSubject: Re: Middle Ages RP   Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:51 pm

(( Lyra ))

"Oh, no, won't you sit down?" I looked around for my stool and walked to it. "It's a cold evening, you'll freeze to death. Come now, sit." I smiled pleasantly. "I can make some tea if you'd like." Her robe looked fantastic! If only I could touch the material. I guessed from the look of it it was velvet. How wonderful! I'd always loved the feel of velvet, but rarely had the chance to- oh, nevermind. I shooed the thoughts from my head as I went to make the tea, but they came right back again. Who was she running from? Was she in trouble? Where was she from? Would this be adventure at last?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QQQ0104 (admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Middle Ages RP   Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:31 am

((Morrigan))

I smiled shyly and accepted the tea. I only usually got herbal tea, so this new taste was odd for me.
"Thank you." I murmured. It felt comforting to have a hot mug in my hands and suddenly I didn't feel so much like I wanted to run away. I glanced at the girl, who had sat down opposite me, she seemed like she wanted to say something. "It's so nice to be somewhere warm, where I can sit, I've been running for ages."
I stopped then, I'd probably said too much, even if this was just a curious cobbler's daughter. Even the furniture had ears.
Back to top Go down
CaitieBug
Cat

PostSubject: Re: Middle Ages RP   Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:37 am

(( Lyra ))

"Really?" I blurted out, then wanted to kick myself. I blew over my tin cup of tea, trying to regain some sort of grace. "Who from?" And why? I didn't ask that last part, however.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QQQ0104 (admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Middle Ages RP   Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:41 am

((Morrigan))

I shifted slightly in my seat and took a sip of tea to give myself a few seconds to think.
"Well uhh..." I realized that I was shaking a little. She looked at me expectantly.
"Um... The man I was apprenticed to." I answered honestly.
"Why?"
The girl couldn't seem to help herself.
"I..." I realized that having an ally was a good idea in this sort of predicament. "He wants to hurt me." I swallowed. "He was into... dark stuff..."
Back to top Go down
CaitieBug
Cat

PostSubject: Re: Middle Ages RP   Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:46 am

(( Lyra ))

I widened my eyes a little, leaning forward. "Did he want to marry you?" I whispered. Rejected loves were just another notion my father liked to call "nonsense". Remembering this, I blushed and leaned back on my stool, locking my ankles like a lady. "I do apologize, I don't mean to pry. There just isn't much news in this dreadful town." I smiled. "I'm afraid I'm being a terrible hostess, but I don't get to be one often. Where have you come from?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QQQ0104 (admin)
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Middle Ages RP   Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:18 am

((Morrigan))

I was taken aback by the question.
"He didn't want to marry me!" I assured her. "Um..." I sipped my tea again. "I've come from a place past the next town from here. We didn't really live in a village, but on the outskirts, in a forest. My master had a small home there." I felt a little sad. Despite everything, I missed my Master and the way everything used to be. The chamomile tea, the going out on the Esbats, being able to heal the people who traveled miles for our assistance. Alas, no longer.
Back to top Go down
CaitieBug
Cat

PostSubject: Re: Middle Ages RP   Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:41 am

(( Lyra ))

"Oh. Terribly sorry, then," I said into my teacup, embarrassed. I couldn't keep myself from looking up when she said that she lived in the forest beyond the next town. "Oh my, you must be so tired," I tutted sympathetically, then thought for a moment. "What are you an apprentice of?" The only profession I could imagine owning fine clothes such as those would be a merchant, but merchants don't live in the forest, and a female merchant was unheard of. Therefore I was quite curious to hear the answer to that question.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Middle Ages RP   

Back to top Go down

Middle Ages RP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Devil's Playground :: Official Roleplay Forum-
Jump to: